My name's Ayla Myers and I'm an independent game designer and developer based in New York City! I spend my time creating delightful games that I think are missing from the world.
Lately I've been building high-quality PICO-8 games, streaming game development on Twitch, creating beginner-friendly game dev tutorials on YouTube, engaging with the local NYC indie dev community, and showcasing games at industry events such as PAX East!
When I'm not making games, I often find work as a software engineer and tech lead. You can find my professional résumé here.
Feel free to get in touch if:
- You want to collaborate on a game or art installation
- You'd like to commission a game or piece of pixel art
- You're getting started in game development and would like guidance or feedback
- You know of any exciting opportunities that I'd be a good fit for
- You just wanna talk about games and whatnot!
So basically, you're welcome to contact me if you think I can help in any way!
I get a lot of energy and joy from giving talks, leading workshops, teaching classes, and sitting on panels! Here are some recent or upcoming events that I've participated in:
- Procedural Landscape Generation Workshop at Never Graduate Week
- The joys of PICO-8 token crunching!! at !!con [recording]
- "Oh No" Moments at Women in Games with Playcrafting
- Meet & Code Pair Programming Workshop at the Recurse Center [slides]
- Wave Function Collapse at Code As Craft: WomEnby Tech [slides]
- Networking Real-Time Multiplayer Games at QueensJS [slides]
- Makin' Pixel Art at Etsy [slides]
If you're looking for speakers in the spaces of indie game development, pixel art, fantasy consoles, LGBTQ issues, or the intersection of all of these, then please reach out!